[c-nsp] OT: Possible List Troll/Spammer..

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sat Jul 19 12:19:33 EDT 2008

Unless your e-mail was part of a generic multi-address e-mail blast, it
isn't spamming, it is the e-mail equivalent of cold-calling,
or "dialing for dollars".  You haven't posted the entire mail so
we can't make that call just by what your posting here.

If you only get a single mail from them and no followup, (assuming
you don't contact them) then if it's NOT part of an e-mail spam
run, I am not sure how this is any more
objectionable than if they called you on the phone.

There isn't any "national do-not-email list, but if these solicitations
bug you, put something in your .sig saying no solicitations.

Ted