[c-nsp] Help with multilink ppp, routing not working correctly..

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Sat Jul 19 20:49:58 EDT 2008

   Hello Diogo,

 Thanks for the reply.. Actually I had a dynamic routing protocol running on
the routers, and even pulled that and tried using static routes.   Actually
as I was just trying to ping interface to interface, no routing at all
should have been needed, as Router-B would have seen both of the /30's as a
connected path.

 Not sure if you saw my earlier response to Gert, but I did afterwards take
and tear down the MLPPP bundle, and then just put the /30 from the bundle on
a single T1 interface.  When I did that, everything worked, traffic moved
perfectly.  So it's without a doubt something very specific to having the
Multilink interface up, as only then does the pathway fail.  The only thing
I can see different when I put it over multilink is that I see a /30 and a
/32 in the routing table from it.  So if I am on router B and do a show ip
route, I see 192.168.98.28/30 and also a 192.168.98.30/32 both pointing to
the Multilink1 interface.   Not quite sure why I get that /32 in the table,
but guessing it's just a quirk of how the MLPPP connection establishes.

---
Howard Leadmon