[c-nsp] Transparent Proxy

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Jul 22 07:26:45 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 22 July 2008 00:16:02 Rhino Lists wrote:

> access-list 111 deny   tcp any any neq www
> access-list 111 deny   tcp host 192.168.1.188 any
> access-list 111 permit tcp any any log

Try this for your ACL, instead:

deny   tcp host ip.of.squid.box any eq www
permit tcp your.ip.net.block your.block.net.mask any eq www

Obviously, make sure your (I'm assuming) Squid box is setup
to properly capture the redirected packets and forward them
to port it's listening on for processing.

However, as others have noted, consider WCCP - it scales
better.

Cheers,

Mark.