[c-nsp] Native and management VLAN confusion

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Tue Jul 22 16:41:43 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

We have a scenario regarding VLANs in which I'm confused as to how to
access the remote switches:

         COE
         2924 XL
         native vlan 1

         trunk

         vlans 500, 501, 502

         intermediary network
         5500
         /   |    \
        /    |      \
    trunk   trunk    trunk
    /        |          \
CPE        CPE2       CPE3
2924 XL    2924XL     2924XL
vlan 500   vlan 501   vlan 502

Untagged traffic does not pass from CPE to COE through the intermediary.

I'm confused as to how I need to configure things VLAN-wise in order to
be able to remotely manage the CPE switches from the CO, through the
independent intermediary. The native and management VLAN is 1 on the CPE
side.

Could someone point me in the direction on the most appropriate way to
make the CPE gear reachable?

Thanks,

Steve