[c-nsp] Cisco 6500 Chassis PDU

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Jul 22 17:21:35 EDT 2008

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008, Teller, Robert wrote:

> I am in the process of installing two Cisco 6500 chassis and was curious
> what types of PDU's people are using.

Note that most of my stuff is not in areas with raised floors, so power
and data usually need to feed in from the top of the cabinet/relay rack.

Right now, I'm just pulling two pairs of 208V/20A circuits in L6-20
receptacles above the cabinet where the 6509 will be located.  One pair
comes off of a generator-backed/line-conditioned emergency power panel and
the other pair comes off of a UPS output panel.

I do use PDUs smaller gear that will live in the same cabinet and I
normally feed these from 120V/30A circuit, presented as an L5-30
receptacle above the cabinet.  I'll pull one of these from an emergency
power panel and one from a UPS panel and drop a PDU from each into each
cabinet, so single-powered boxes can be run from either and dual-powered
boxes can be run from both normal/emergency and UPS power.

jms