[c-nsp] Need advise on Cisco Switch/Fibre Connectivity

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Tue Jul 22 23:15:33 EDT 2008

Any special requirements for the switch?  3750 seems like a bit of overkill
in my opinion but it depends on what you want the switch to do?

If you're just looking for 24 ports 10/100 and a fiber uplink then a 2960
would work just as well for basic switch requirements... the SFP determines
that kind of fiber connectors, and mode.. in this case single mode LX
(1000BASE-LX) sounds like all you need for 5km especially....

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/product_da
ta_sheet0900aecd80322c0c.html

Hope this helps...

Paul