[c-nsp] Changes to "show policy-map interface"

Peder @ NetworkOblivion peder at networkoblivion.com
Wed Jul 23 08:20:25 EDT 2008

I was just looking at a router running a recent version of IOS and I
noticed that the output of "show policy-map int" has changed quite a
bit.  Here is the output:

Router# sho policy-map interface
  Serial0/0/0
   Service-policy output: voip
     Class-map: VoIP (match-any)
       1354294 packets, 93771165 bytes
       5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
       Match: access-group 102
         1354294 packets, 93771165 bytes
         5 minute rate 0 bps

       Queueing
         Strict Priority
         Output Queue: Conversation 264
         Bandwidth 100 (kbps) Burst 2500 (Bytes)
         (pkts matched/bytes matched) 5717/457522
         (total drops/bytes drops) 0/0

     Class-map: class-default (match-any)
       54794552 packets, 12108835008 bytes
       5 minute offered rate 3000 bps, drop rate 0 bps
       Match: any
       Queueing
         Flow Based Fair Queueing
         Maximum Number of Hashed Queues 256
         (total queued/total drops/no-buffer drops) 0/2728/0

It used to just show the output under "Class-map: VoIP (match-any)", but
now it appers that there is a new section labeled "Queueing" where there
is some new data that doesn't match the data above it.  Any idea how the
"pkts matched" under queueing relates to the "packets" under the VoIP
class-map itself?  They aren't even close to the same.