[c-nsp] combining multiple dsl lines

Ben Steele ben.steele at internode.on.net
Wed Jul 23 19:47:07 EDT 2008

You're still going to need something on the CPE side to detect a failed
route unless you plan on running a routing protocol to your customers, I
won't bother going into the Linux side of things seeing as this is a Cisco
list but in my experience per-packet is only good if the lines are really
well matched or you don't plan on running any/much real-time traffic over
it, ie voip, unfortunately with the nature of dsl and its vulnerability to
weather and various other nasties in your last mile copper run things just
have to many variables for me to consider it a reliable inplementation for
someone planning to use it with per-packet and real time traffic where out
of order packets can become a problem.

Good to hear you are having success with it though.