[c-nsp] DC power options for 1841

Tom Storey tom at snnap.net
Thu Jul 24 20:15:59 EDT 2008

Hi all,

The ISP I work for has a number of remote tower sites to which I would
like to add console, remote access, and perhaps some SLA monitoring to.

Looking at the possibility of using the 1841 with a HWIC-8A/AS (which
would be superb), but unfortunately the 1841 doesnt have an (official) DC
power supply option.

Wondering if anyone has come across a suitable 48v DC power supply from a
3rd party, or has other suggestions for running an 1841 off of DC.

Some of the towers cabinets are very small and space is at a premium, so
installing inverters etc is not an option unless they are very small and
efficient.

Cheers,
Tom