[c-nsp] NAC for Thin-Clients?

Felix Nkansah felixnkansah at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 23:17:14 EDT 2008

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply.

As a matter of fact, I am not referring to loading any agent or application
at the hardware client side.

The thin clients would work like terminals to actual user virtual systems -
operating system, applications, etc.

What that means is that users' OS would have to be periodically patched,
antivirus updated, running applications approved, etc. All these and many
more contained within each user's virtual space.

The customer wants posture assessment of the user virtual systems (though
located on a central thin-client server) and not the thin client hardware
themselves. It is possible for one user to have viruses on his virtual PC
because of not updating his antivirus signatures or patches or etc.

My client wants a solution that would assess each user's virtual system and
restrict network access if it should be found to be non-compliant. Note that
a user may access his system from any thin-client.

I want to believe that this makes my requirements clearer. Perhaps you could
suggest a solution or technology for me.

Thanks,

Felix