[c-nsp] K9 (IP Advanced Security) vs. SEC-K9 simplified features

Skeeve Stevens skeeve at skeeve.org
Tue Jul 29 08:12:40 EDT 2008

I realise there is the feature navigator which provides in-depth details of
features of the different IOS sets, but, does anyone know (2 hours of
searching Cisco.com failed) where there is a simple explanation about the
features that isn't the graphic @
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5460/index.html

I need a little more explanation when I am selling to customers and whether
they should buy the -SEC-K9 or -K9.

I am interested in which Routing Protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, etc), IP SLA,
QoS, nBAR and so on.

Essentially, more than the graphic, but less than the detailed feature
guide.

Also, if I am right:

-K9 = Advanced Security
-SEC-K9 = Advanced IP Services

Makes a lot of sense to me. not, but I will live with that.

Also, -K9 - Advanced Security, based on the graphic linked above, doesn't do
ATM, but isn't DSL basically ATM? Or does it mean real ATM? Which in the
800/1800/2800 world, as far as I know, there is no ATM anyhow.

--
Skeeve Stevens, RHCE
skeeve at skeeve.org / www.skeeve.org

eintellego - skeeve at eintellego.net - www.eintellego.net
--
I'm a groove licked love child king of the verse
Si vis pacem, para bellum