[c-nsp] CBWFQ question

Brett Looney brett at looney.id.au
Tue Jul 29 21:52:14 EDT 2008

> Does removing or adding CBWFQ on an interface drop the link? Or does
> it depend on traffic levels? Type of interface? I have had opinions
> both ways.

Highly platform, interface and IOS version specific. It does in some cases
and not in others. For situations where it does drop the link it generally
does so when being added and not being removed although there are some
exceptions.

I've also seen situations where the link doesn't drop but traffic forwarding
stops for a few seconds. Kinda makes you nervous when doing it on remote
routers...

B.