[c-nsp] 6509 ACE/FWSM Modules??????????

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Jul 30 03:13:21 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 04:40:25PM -0700, Teller, Robert wrote:
> My plan is to collapse my core switch(3750), pix, and css devices into
> two 6509's with the fwsm/ace/Gig-e modules. I am just trying to decide
> the best way to segregate the internal lan and middle tier dmz's.

Our experience with 6500/7600 and IOS support makes this look like a bad
plan.

Due to "what do we care about our customers?" policy inside some Cisco
BUs, you should be prepared expect to see sudden end-of-support for
whatever hardware and software combination you want to use.

Historic precedence shows that all 6500/7600 blades that are not "ethernet
based" have a fairly short life experience (or won't be supported in
whatever chassis you have, you always need "the other one").

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de