[c-nsp] Solution to %SPANTREE-2-RECV_PVID_ERR, except disable spanning tree?

Peter Olsson pol at leissner.se
Wed Jun 4 07:31:11 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 09:34:10PM -0600, Clinton Work wrote:

> I think that you need to speak with your service provider.  Based upon
> the error message it looks like vlan 2412 at site #1 is connected to
> vlan 2413 at site #2. There was a post six to 12 months ago on the same
> topic and it was a service provider issue.

I don't think the provider has got a bad configuration, partly
because we have spoken with them about this several times and
partly because of what I didn't include below, that we have the
same problem for every vlan they gave us (30 in all, 6 each to
5 locations). As long as we only use one vlan to each location,
everything works. When we add another vlan to one of the locations,
all 6 vlans to that location goes into blocking mode because of the
errors below. It could possibly be a systematic error somewhere.

> STP to L2 FTTx gear:
> http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/2008-January/046310.html

Great thread on the subject. I hadn't seen that, I will read it and
check for ideas.

Many thanks!

Peter Olsson