[c-nsp] Setting weight on import into vrf

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 11:18:39 EDT 2008

Hi,

Should the following work on a 6500 (12.2(18)SXF10):

ip vrf custxxx
 rd yyyy:110118
 import map IMPORT-INTO-CUSTXXX
 route-target import yyy:110
 route-target export yyy:110

route-map IMPORT-INTO-CUSTXXX permit 10
 match extcommunity 110
 set weight 100

ip extcommunity-list 110 permit RT:yyyy:110

The routes get imported, but the weight remains unset.

The whole setup looks like this:

       -------session 1-------
CUST                            PE1
       -------session 2-------

       -------session 3-------
CUST                            PE2
       -------session 4-------

Due to existing arrangements sessions 1 & 3 are supposed to be the
primary ones, 2&4 backup ones (links that carry primary sessions have
higher cir guarantees through third-party metro provider) . So if one
of the primary sessions on the PE(1/2) goes down the other primary
session (on the other PE) should be used. And only if both primary
ones go off - local secondary one. So far we only had one set of
sessions (only PE1 and sessions 1 & 2) and that worked quite well with
the weight. Is there a way to make it work with weight or should I use
something else to influence the decision?

kind regards
Pshem