[c-nsp] Forcing routes

Gary Roberton gary.ciscomail at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 12:35:28 EDT 2008

I have a customer who is multihomed to my network.  He has RouterX.  I have
R1 and R2 connected to his RouterX.  My R1 is in AS1 and my R2 is in AS2.  I
want to sent him a BGP advertisement in such a way that he always prefers to
use R1.

I cannot use MEDs as the AS numbers of my R1 and R2 are different.
I cannot use local preference as I am not allowed to change anything on his
route (don't ask just take it as a given).
My path lengths are the same.

How can I force his router to always choose my R1 path as the best one?

Once I have done this I then want to be able to turn this on or off based on
a Tunnel on R1 being up (which I guess will be object tracking) but until I
know how to solve the first part - I can't tackle the second part.

Thanks,

Gary