[c-nsp] Setting weight on import into vrf

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 16:34:57 EDT 2008

Hi All,

2008/6/5 Peter Rathlev <peter at rathlev.dk>:
> Hi Pshem,
>
> I tested it on SXF5 and SXF13 and had no problems with the import
> setting weight with the bits you wrote. I take it that the "yyy:110" in
> the route-targets are the same as "yyyy:110" in the extcommunity-list,
> even though there's a "y"'s difference, right? :-)

yeap, they're the same :-) But I wrote that about 4.30am, so I got a
bit confused.

> But as David mentioned, weight is local to the router, so how will you
> have it prefer circuits 1,3,2,4 in that order? Local preference + MED
> seems to be the right way to influence the decison.

I think I explained it wrong ;-) . The preference was supposed to be 1
or 2 and 3 or 4 (which weight would cover ok), so local circuits
should be preferred above remote ones. Since weight should  work (and
it clearly doesn't) then I'll settle for local-pref + MED.

Thx for your help.

kind regards
Pshem