[c-nsp] Maximum number of routes on Cisco 7301 NSE100

Fri Jun 6 08:57:58 EDT 2008

Sam Stickland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know what the maximum number of (IPv4 unicast) routes
> these can take? They have 512MB of RAM, which I believe is the maximum
> for this model.
Actually, I should clarify. We need to know if it can take two full
feeds in a VRF (VRF lite, with minimal management only routes in the
global table). These are an unusual platform for us so I don't have any
spare that I can put into a lab.

Despite the PXF hardware feature I don't think they use TCAM to store
the FIB, so I guess the amount of memory consumed is going to depend on
the IOS release. These are currently running 12.2(28)SB5.

I've seen this page but there's no info regarding maximum supported routes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps352/product_data_sheet09186a0080092263.html

Hopefully someone else out there has a similar configuration and they
can post the memory usage.

Thanks,

Sam