[c-nsp] Usage Billing w/ Netflow / Implementation Pitfalls

Simon Leinen simon.leinen at switch.ch
Sat Jun 7 10:38:44 EDT 2008

Peter Rathlev writes:
>> Think I'll see any issues from turning on the exports?

> It shouldn't have any impact on the hardware forwarding of the box,
> but the export uses some CPU on the MSFC.

Note that in newer NDE implementations, most of the work is done by
the Sup (SP), not the MSFC.  At least on the Sup720, but I assume this
is the same for the Sup32.  SP CPU can be measured using "remote
command switch show proc cpu" or the cpmCPUTotalTable.

(With DFC-based export it's another matter - the load seems to be
shared between the DFC and the MSFC.)
--
Simon.