[c-nsp] PFC 3CXL vs PFC 3BXL

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Sat Jun 7 11:41:25 EDT 2008

On (2008-05-21 15:06 +0200), Wyatt Mattias Ishmael Jovial Gyllenvarg wrote:

> Has anyone gotten the facts straigh about the diffrences between these two?
>
> Seems like cisco don´t what too have them in a table next too each
> other if it showes more then CPU speed etc etc.
>
> Where looking to build a few Edge machines and trying too figure out
> if the CXL is actually any better for this.

Apart from what the list already provided, I don't think that cisco
has public list of customer affecting issues fixed in them.
 Rate-limiters were already mentioned, then there is hardware
limitation fixed where in certain situation you will not see egress
PE in traceroutes in MPLS enabled networks.
 Exhaustive list of differences between PFC3B, PFC3C and what ever EARL8
PFC is called, I'm assuming PFC4 would be greatly appreciated.

--
  ++ytti