[c-nsp] LACP between 3750 and Enterasys DFE platinum

Marc Archer marc at archernet.id.au
Thu Jun 12 03:28:47 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Has anyone had experience bringing up a trunked LACP bundle between a
3750 and an Enterasys DFE Platinum (in a N7 chassis) ? If I configure
the link as Access ports, everything works fine. But when I try to
configure the LACP bundle as a trunk port, the Port-Channel comes up and
everything works fine for about a minute before I get a "channel
misconfig" error and the member ports are error disabled.

Both sides have VLAN 1 as the default VLAN.  I am egressing the required
VLANs from the Enterasys, and the same VLANs are in the allowed VLANs
list on the 3750.

I am hoping there is a simple gotcha I've missed here...

Marc.