[c-nsp] 7200s (VXRs and not) and MPLS capabilities

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Sat Jun 14 04:22:52 EDT 2008

At 09:15 PM 6/13/2008, David Coulson wrote:
>What does the VXR piece get you? I thought there was a huge
>discussion about it, and the result was 'nothing'?

That is basically true. There are no cards for the VXR which use the
TDM bus. However, a VXR does allow you to use new NPE cards -400 -G1
-G2 and it gets Cisco more money. The other difference is that some
older cards are no longer supported in the VXR chassis.

-Robert

Tellurian Networks - Global Hosting Solutions Since 1995
http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin