[c-nsp] ICMP PAT

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon Jun 16 03:33:06 EDT 2008

Ibrahim,

sorry for the delay. I checked with NAT folks, and the ICMP ALG
behaviour is not as described in this link, it says "sequence number"
while it should say "identifier". So IOS only creates a single flow for
continuous pings (ping -s foo), but creates multiple flows if you
execute ping multiple times (as the identifier changes)..

	oli

Ibrahim Abo Zaid <mailto:ibrahim.abozaid at gmail.com> wrote on Tuesday,
June 03, 2008 11:24 PM:

> Hi Oli