[c-nsp] CSCse26921 - poorly described bug?

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Mon Jun 16 07:03:29 EDT 2008

Am not having much joy nailing this one down, although an upgrade has
resolved it.

12.2(28)SB6 on 7200 PE, have a vrf with combination of static routes and
routes learnt from a BGP peer (a CE router)

When configuring "route-target export xxxx:yyyy" , all static, connected
and BGP routes are happily exported with the correct extended community
RT:xxxx:yyyy, however, when configuring the following route-map:

!
route-map foo
  set extcommunity rt xxxx:yyyy
!
ip vrf foo
  export map foo
!

only static and connected routes are tagged, the BGP routes from the CE
are not tagged.

Upgrade to 12.2(31)SB12 fixed this, the only thing I can find which may
be this bug is CSCse26921 (BGP route is not updated with newly
configured route-target) , but content for this is vague and also states
that it has not been observed in 12.2S (and derrived?) trains but lists
the affected release as affected (so the rogue code is present?) but has
no first-fixed-in for SB or SRC :(

It was therefore a gamble to take to upgrade test PE to latest 12.2SB
but seems to have paid off.

Allthough I'm happy that is is fixed, would like to be sure that this is
the bug since I need to re-review all 12.2(28)SB boxes in the network.

Many thanks,

Dave.