[c-nsp] ASA and SNMP

Dan Massey dan at gconnect.net
Mon Jun 16 07:30:04 EDT 2008

Hi List

I have a number of ASA's we monitor using SNMP and Nagios. Periodically a
couple of them stop responding to snmp for hours at a time, and then
suddenly start again. The ASA is up and operational during this time

I verify this by running snmpwalk from the Nagios server

The first box is an ASA5510 running:
Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 7.0(7)

The second is an ASA5505 running:
Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 7.2(3)

Its very strange and getting a bit annoying as I can find no common issue

Any comments would be appreciated.

Dan