[c-nsp] VRF-Lite and FIB on 7600

Dmitry Kiselev dmitry at dmitry.net
Wed Jun 18 10:22:10 EDT 2008

Hello!

While doing VRF-Lite on 7600-RSP720 with 12.2SRC I try to
save FIB entries as much as I can. As I don't need mpls in any way,
I just drop to the minimum number of mpls routes in mls cef:

lab1(config)#mls cef maximum-routes mpls 1

..and reload the router. After roting protocols come up I got
following message and as expected mpls FIB stops at 1024 entries
while IPv4 unicast continue filling.

Jun 18 16:45:56.735: %MLSCEF-SP-4-FIB_EXCEPTION_THRESHOLD: Hardware CEF entry usage is at 95% capacity for MPLS protocol.

Could this cause any issues in actual traffic forwarding?
Could I just ignore the message and still do vrf-lite?

Thanks!

--
Dmitry Kiselev