[c-nsp] Aggregate label not generated

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 04:23:08 EDT 2008

Hi,
>> The question here is why is there no label on PE1 at all? It has a
>> locally connected interface that gets into bgp using a network
>> statement - it should generate a label for it. Unless I'm completely
>> wrong here ...
>
> right, PE1 should generate a label, possibly a bug related to the 0/1
> prefix. Do you see a lable generated for the 128/1?

There is a label for the 128/1.

> Regarding your overall idea/approach: My gut doesn't like it ;-) in the
> older LFIB infrastructure (i.e. pre-12.2SB/33S/some-other), packets
> coming from the MPLS cloud to a PE and going back out to another PE
> doesn't always work. In my opinion, a 2547-architecture really asks for
> a PE to hold all routes for a given VPN, and if this number is too high
> (I don't think a 28xx is too weak to hold 40k pfx), build a hub&spoke
> VPN where the default is generated by some hub-CE, rather than on the
> hub-PE.

Unfortunately due to amount of traffic (majority of the traffic
(>1Gb/s) goes between those two PEs) and some other physical
constrains (in the PoP where those two 6500s sit we ran out of space
and air con)  we can't add anything that could do a proper layer 3
lookup.

So to just sum up:
1. it might be a bug or
2. i shouldn't expect it to work altogether ;-)

Perhaps I asked a wrong question here.
Is there a way to force a layer3 lookup on a PE within a vrf?

thx for your help.

kind regards
Pshem