[c-nsp] Cisco 2811 / IPBasek9 / IPSec tunnels?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Jun 19 05:27:19 EDT 2008

On Thursday 19 June 2008, Xavier Beaudouin wrote:

> I have been asked to make some tunnel / securisation of
> an internal using 2 cisco 2811 with IPBaseK9 IOS
> software.
>
> The "commercial" documentation says that Cisco 2811 can
> do IPSec... Now does IPBaseK9 can do that ?
>
> Is there any pointer about documentation doing that on
> Fast Ethernet connection ?

EasyVPN is your friend. Makes IPSec/VPN setup in IOS less
painful (I think).

According to FN (whose guidance you should always take with
a grain of salt), EasyVPN is supported in the ADVANCED*
feature sets, along with a bunch of others that have lots
of letters and numbers in them.

All 2800 series routers will do DES, 3DES and AES in
hardware, so that's a plus.

Cheers,

Mark.