[c-nsp] 802.1q vlans and L2TPv3 tunnels

Steven Pfister SPfister at dps.k12.oh.us
Mon Jun 23 09:34:02 EDT 2008

Like I said... I'm hoping I've just forgotten something simple and this is almost working. I've posted a piece of the config before. I'd like to post the updated version. From each side, I'm able to ping the loopback interface of the other side, and the tunnel has been up for a couple of days now.

Thanks for everyone's help!

--Steve

--------------
central side
--------------

l2tp-class l2-dyn
 authentication
 hostname ADM
 password somepassword
 cookie size 8
!
pseudowire-class pw-dynamic
 encapsulation l2tpv3
 protocol l2tpv3 l2-dyn
 ip local interface Loopback0

interface Loopback0
 ip address 192.168.7.1 255.255.255.255
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
 no ip address
 no ip redirects
 no ip proxy-arp
 ip pim sparse-mode
 speed 100
 full-duplex
!
interface FastEthernet0/0.1
 encapsulation dot1Q 1 native
 ip address 192.168.9.1 255.255.255.0
 no snmp trap link-status
!
interface FastEthernet0/0.77
 encapsulation dot1Q 77
 no snmp trap link-status
 no cdp enable
 xconnect 192.168.7.77 77 encapsulation l2tpv3 pw-class pw-dynamic

--------------
remote side
--------------

l2tp-class l2-dyn
 authentication
 hostname ABC
 password somepassword
 cookie size 8
!
pseudowire-class pw-dynamic
 encapsulation l2tpv3
 protocol l2tpv3 l2-dyn
 ip local interface Loopback0
!
interface Loopback0
 ip address 192.168.7.77 255.255.255.255
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
 no ip address
 no ip redirects
 no ip proxy-arp
 ip pim sparse-mode
 ip route-cache flow
 speed 100
 full-duplex
!
interface FastEthernet0/0.1
 encapsulation dot1Q 1 native
 ip address 10.77.0.1 255.255.0.0
 no snmp trap link-status
!
interface FastEthernet0/0.77
 encapsulation dot1Q 77
 no snmp trap link-status
 no cdp enable
 xconnect 192.168.7.1 77 pw-class pw-dynamic

Steve Pfister
Technical Coordinator,
The Office of Information Technology
Dayton Public Schools
115 S. Ludlow St.
Dayton, OH 45402

Office (937) 542-3149
Cell (937) 673-6779
Direct Connect: 137*131747*8
Email spfister at dps.k12.oh.us

Email spfister at dps.k12.oh.us

>>> "John van Oppen" <john at vanoppen.com> 6/20/2008 7:48 PM >>>
Yes, we use it all the time with 7204VXRs at the end sites...   Works
flawlessly if you configure it as a pseudowire using the "xconnect"
command to tunnel an entire interface across the network.

Thanks,

John van Oppen
Spectrum Networks LLC
206.973.8302 (Direct)