[c-nsp] Route server information...inbound

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Tue Jun 24 00:52:52 EDT 2008

FWIW, I have a Cisco router handling two IPv6 BGP peerings accepting
full tables, and advertise to them my /32 without any difficulty.

However, currently, an upstream is managing the advertisement of our
IPv4 route.

We are trying to evaluate multiple platforms of routers so we can
essentially bring control of our v4 address space into our own AS, at
our main PoP.

What I'm curious to know is, if there is such a thing as a route server
that can feed me a full table, even if it comes with a bad next-hop (in
the case that I, through lack of due-diligence, neglect to apply an
appropriate filter), that I could peer with to assess the specs of the
platforms I am testing with in regards to memory and CPU usage?

Through research, any route-server that does 'public' peering (term used
loosely) is looking to accept the routes I have, but I can't find any
that will advertise routes that they have back to me.

If anyone could point me in the direction towards how I could acquire a
BGP peering for a full IPv4 route table to perform platform analysis, I
would be most appreciative.

Regards,

Steve