[c-nsp] GRE/MPLS

Timothy Arnold timothy.arnold at uksolutions.co.uk
Tue Jun 24 06:41:36 EDT 2008

Hi Tim,

>Is the FE interface with the tunnel destination *just* running vanilla IP,
>or also label-switching?

On the CPE, it is vanilla IP. The CPE is not aware of any label switching. The PE tunnel is using a loopback interface (which we use for management) and doesn't have label switching turned on.

>This definitely sounds label-related - 'regular' routing works, but
>anything requiring label imposition doesn't.

Agreed. Least I am not going mad :)

Thanks
Tim

Timothy Arnold
Senior Engineer, Network & Security Group, UKSolutions

Telephone: 0845 004 1333, option 2
Email: timothy.arnold at uksolutions.co.uk
Web: http://www.uksolutions.co.uk/
UKS Ltd, Birmingham Road, Studley, Warwickshire, B80 7BG Registered in England Number 3036806
This email must be read in conjunction with the legal & service notices on http://www.uksolutions.co.uk/disclaimer