[c-nsp] Filter OSPF routes

Ruben Montes (Europe) Ruben.Montes at eu.didata.com
Wed Jun 25 10:08:57 EDT 2008

Hello,

We are running one OSPF process with several areas. The service provider
is going to install one router on my network to provide an IPT service.

We want this new router to only learn a group of networks where IP
phones inside our network are located. We don't want them to learn any
other route or have a default route to our network.

I've been reviewing all the possibilities and I think the best approach
is configure a second OSPF process and only allow redistribution of the
desired networks.

Prefix-list, distribute-list and different types of areas doesn't fit to
our needs.

Do you think the best approach is to use a second OSPF process? What
things should I take care of?

I can give more details if necessary.

Regards,

Ruben