[c-nsp] BGP vs PepLink / AT&T metrics on BGP

Rogelio scubacuda at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 23:52:40 EDT 2008

For a campus environment, I've got two WAN connections, one through
Charter (30Mbps) and one through AT&T (50 Mbps). For load balancing, I
am evaluating whether or not to use BGP or some sort of load sharing
device, like PepLink.

With BGP, I am told that my AT&T pipe may get saturated quicker, as
their metrics are better.  Anyone else have problem?  Or does anyone
have any suggestions for someone who is new to BGP in this sort of
situation?