[c-nsp] BGP sessions won't establish.

Roy r.engehausen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 19:12:00 EDT 2008

All is well.

Back a few decades ago in my mainframe days, a crash was called an abend
(short for Abnormal Ending).  The type of error was a hex code (0x0C1
was an operation exception).  We came up with the abend code of 0xooc
standing for "out of control" for preventable human error.

It took the ISP who several of you correctly guess as Cogent, five days
to find their bad ACL.  It certainly fits my definition of OOC.

We are now awaiting our /29 from them.  The paperwork requesting it was
turned in a week ago but the salesperson sat on it.  It finally got to
the right people and (of course) they take a few days to process the
request.  No speeding them up.

While everyone I talked to at Cogent was nice and tried to be helpful,
their procedures leave a lot to be desired

Thanks again to everyone who chimed in with their ideas.

Roy