[c-nsp] Cisco 3550 Chassis Fans

RYan C nmglists at apexn.com.au
Tue Mar 4 03:35:10 EST 2008

Hello to All,

I have a Cisco 3550 that's working perfectly except for the fact the chassis
fan is quite noisy. I am concerned that one day shortly it's just going to
stop and I am going to damage the equipment.

Has anyone ever replaced this fan or know the best place to sort a
replacement or even if this is possible? I have searched various sites and
only really found one supplier of the replacement fan unit but I am a little
hesitant as it doesn't have the connector that goes onto the main board.
Apparently I need to splice the existing component.

The Switch is a Cisco 3550-24 EMI.

Thanks in advance,

-Ryan