[c-nsp] ASR 1000

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Tue Mar 4 10:58:24 EST 2008

On (2008-03-04 17:30 +0200), Dmitry Kiselev wrote:

>   I see no netflow word in the ASR 1000 RP datasheet... :(
> It is mean no hardware support available or just "in future software
> releases"?

It'll have netflow, it can even see whole packet with full
payload if needed.

> P.S> Seems good replace for 7200 series: software and PXF-based!

It's actually QFP/CPP/Popey based, which can be seen as NPU that'll
replace PXF. Unlike PXF you don't need to use microcode to program
it, but can do it in C.

Btw. the 7200 replacement with PXF was 7400 ASR, which has shipped
for years with software where enabling PXF is not possible. Let's hope
ASR acronym has better run this time. :).

--
  ++ytti