[c-nsp] Large File Transfers

Ben Steele ben at internode.com.au
Wed Mar 5 18:36:14 EST 2008

I'm going to recommend rsync mainly for it's resume of transfer
ability over scp(given your files sound large), you can tunnel it via
ssh using a flag like "--rsh=ssh" or similar for security, it would
depend on your OS, on top of that to make it even smoother you could
use pre-shared keys onyour ssh to nullify any manual authentication
making it even easier to script such transfers, although using expect
you could script something like this up in a few minutes.

I guess a big factor depends on your clients abilities, IPSEC with
rsync inside would be nice but would require clients to be configured
and able to terminate IPSEC tunnels which is ultimately going to be
quite a bit more work than an rsync script.

Ben