[c-nsp] Rate-limiting You Tube tarffic

Velasquez Venegas Jaime Omar Jaime at ulima.edu.pe
Sat Mar 8 08:38:12 EST 2008

As an embedded solution into a cisco switch or router,I 'm not aware of any product of doing such task.
However,I know Packeteer will give you the results you are looking for.Esentially It's a layer-2 based box which is capable of recognizing higher levels of traffic patterns which includes youtube and several other bandwith consuming protocols you may want to assign only a fraction of your internet link.
Cisco offers an equivalent solution with Cisco Service Control but I can't give you any further details as I've never heard of experiences with this product.