[c-nsp] 6500/7600 QinQ & Tunneling

tt tt tt_745 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 10 20:01:20 EDT 2008

Having run out of steam on the 7206xr + NPE-G1/G2 platform and an increasing requirement for Gig ports we are looking at upgrading to 7600'/RSP720-3CXL or SUP720-3BXL. We don't have any immediate requirements for MPLS so I would like to avoid upgrading to a MPLS core (and additional license $$) if possible in the short term.

I have searched both list archives and the various Cisco data sheets but am unclear on the following:

- Do the 67xx line cards support QinQ or do we have to use the vastlymore expensive SPA / ES20's? If the 67xx cards do support QinQ are weable to rate limit on each sub interface?
- Beyond GRE are any other tunneling features supported such as L2PT without deploying MPLS? We currently use L2TPv3 which is sadly lacking from the 6500/7600.

Thanks,

Dave