[c-nsp] Prepare for router Wednesday

Alex Cruz Farmer alex.cf+c-nsp at netsumo.com
Tue Mar 11 10:08:44 EDT 2008

Jason Gurtz wrote:
>> So we need to wait 6 months for security patches if an exploit which
>> may affect us is discovered on the fourth Thursday of September?
>> That's crazy! Let Enterprise customers wait if they want, I want my
>> security patches ASAP so we can test them for a few days then deploy
>> network wide. Does anyone else think this is not a rational change?
>
> Monthly has seemed to be a reasonable trade-off between attack window and
> manageability.  6 months seems like...yo wtf is in charge there that made
> this heinous decision?
>
> Please change this policy Cisco.

I much prefer upgrading routers every 6 months, keeps customers happier that way...

This e-mail is subject to: http://www.netsumo.com/email.sumo

NetSumo Limited - Registered Company in England and Wales
13 Hanover Crescent, Brighton, BN2 9SB, Great Britain
Company Number: 2666084 - VAT Number: GB 587 7952 63