[c-nsp] Tool for audit/check router CoPP resistance

Daniel Dib daniel.dib at reaper.nu
Wed Mar 12 01:14:54 EDT 2008

Hi.

Two tools you should definately check out if you haven't already are Hping
and yersinia. Hping is a tool for crafting packets, you specify TCP or UDP
and port number etc and how often you want to send packets, good for testing
ACL's and CoPP-policies. Yersinia is a tool for flooding CDP and BPDU's etc,
very handy, you can use it to test mls rate-limiters. Also a simple ping -fs
from a *nix box is good for flooding ICMP. If you are really serious about
testing you might want to get your hands on a box from Spirent but they are
quite expensive.

/Daniel