[c-nsp] pvlans and scalability

Ramcharan, Vijay A vijay.ramcharan at verizonbusiness.com
Thu Mar 13 10:33:45 EDT 2008

I assume the 10Gbps connections are needed on the backup servers?

How about connecting more 1Gbps NICs on the backup servers to the same
PVLAN and using different subnets on each new NIC; thereby splitting up
the load among each backup server's NICs.
It would complicate the IP addressing situation somewhat as you are
probably using one large IP space for the PVLAN segment.

Vijay Ramcharan