[c-nsp] VS broadcast address relaying from Vlan to Vlan

Alex ecralar at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 13 16:15:52 EDT 2008

Hi there,
Have a look into "UDP broadcast flooding"
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1330/technologies_case_study_chapter09186a0080759920.html#wp3321
and "bridging between 802.1Q VLANs"
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_1t/12_1t3/feature/guide/dtbridge.html
The second is required if you wish to flood UDP broadcasts between
subinterfaces.
I did a setup like this 5 years ago on a 7206 and it worked like a charm.
Rgds
Alex