[c-nsp] T1 Bonding with PA-MC-T3

Nick Voth nvoth at estreet.com
Fri Mar 14 23:43:26 EDT 2008

> [Deleted]
>
>> SO, is there any way to accomplish T1 bonding with that existing DS3
>> card or am I just stuck?
>
> Nick,
> Is there any specific reason why you need MLPPP? How about just
> using per-packet load balancing? We do that on our PA-MC-T3 via the
> following:
>

> interface Serial11/1/0/19:0
> ip unnumbered Loopback0
>  no ip redirects
>  no ip unreachables
>  no ip proxy-arp
>  ip load-sharing per-packet
>  service-policy output voice-policy
>  no fair-queue
>  down-when-looped
>  no clns route-cache
>
> interface Serial11/1/0/20:0
>  ip unnumbered Loopback0
>  no ip redirects
>  no ip unreachables
>  no ip proxy-arp
>  ip load-sharing per-packet
>  service-policy output voice-policy
>  no fair-queue
>  down-when-looped
>  no clns route-cache
>
> We've been using that technique for years..

Greg,

To be honest, I've never heard of that. I looked up the command reference
and it seems understandable, but I'm not totally sure what it's doing yet.
There's per-packet and per-destination load-sharing and it's not really
clear what would be appropriate for my situation.

What I need to accomplish is to effectively deliver a 3Mb pipe to an end
user. It's my understanding that with MLPPP we can accomplish that. In other
words, the individual T1's are actually bonded so transferred data will come
through at 3Mb instead of 1.5. Can the load-sharing technique accomplish the
same thing?

Also, this link will have VoIP on it. I see you have a voice-policy. Have
you had any VoIP issues using the load-sharing technique?

Thanks very much!

-Nick