[c-nsp] phantom BGP route

Brad Henshaw brad.henshaw at qcn.com.au
Mon Mar 17 00:34:28 EDT 2008

Brad Henshaw wrote:

> the prefix still seems /somewhat/ present in BGP and is subsequently
> being redistributed into our IGP locally

OK, most of this query can be ignored - after noticing the version
number
on the BGP advertisement looked a bit suss, it turns out that some evil
redistribution from another site's IGP into BGP was causing this.

For the record...

> BGP routing table entry for 10.31.251.128/28, version 79099
> Paths: (0 available, no best path)
> Flag: 0x820
>  Not advertised to any peer
> Any idea why the route is present in BGP but with 0 paths available?

While this confused the issue, it was because every time I issued the
'sh ip bgp'
command it just happened to be at the moment the BGP prefix was being
withdrawn.
(despite trying issuing the command quite a few times)

After further troubleshooting and having checked tried this another 10
or so times, I have seen the route changing between BGP being the best
path,
0 paths available, then not present.

Case closed, but thanks in advance.

Regards,