[c-nsp] About bgp fast-external-fallover

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon Mar 17 03:03:06 EDT 2008

Hi,

I don't think it's useful for iBGP, assuming you have a redundant IGP path to your iBGP neighbour. There are situations when the route to the iBGP neighbour is withdrawn following the failures, but re-installed a few seconds later after IGP convergence. So if you tear down the session right away, you're loosing traffic for much longer as the iBGP session needs to be re-established.

I'd rather relay on next-hop tracking in iBGP..

	oli