[c-nsp] Cisco 10K MPLS VPN

FAHAD ALI KHAN fahad.alikhan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 03:55:06 EDT 2008

Guys
Im stuck in configuring MPLS L3VPN in Cisco + juniper in my test lab
environment.

I have Cisco 10K as PE connected to DSL IPoA client, Cisco 7206VXR as
another PE connected with other IPoA client. MPLS P routers are of Juniper
(J4300).
for MPLS L3VPN there is no need to run LDP on core facing interfaces if we r
using RSVP as TE LSP. i have configured every thing right (a/c to me)....and
check that vpn-v4 routes are shared b/w both PEs. Tunnels are also UP. but
traffic is carrying though MPLS...core.

As i enable LDP on juniper core facing interfaces, as it is enabled by
default on Cisco routers.....traffic flow start.

This is amazed me. Kindly suggest me about this scenario. any sample
configuration is welcome.

Also, one more thing i check while enabling LDP & RSVP both, i have received
routes from LDP paths not RSVP...and VPN routes are avaiable though LDP
path...means...there is no traffic engineering. is there any way to check
the route-prefernce of LDP and RSVP on Cisco....as it is 7 for RSVP & 9 for
LDP on Juniper.

Is there any way that LDP is got tunneled over RSVP?

Regards

Fahad