[c-nsp] 12008 GRPB memory problem.

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Mon Mar 17 09:55:40 EDT 2008

On Monday 17 March 2008, Matt Addison wrote:
> Have you installed a single 512M stick, or 2x 256M sticks? It may not be
> able to recognize the extra banks in a 512M DIMM and thus would only be
> able to see the first 256M of it.

Yeah, those 256M DIMM's are pretty interesting.  They're just like some of the
DIMM's I have for Sun Ultra 5 workstations, with double-stacked chips.

In any case, from my 12012 here:
SLOT 11 (RP/LC 11): Route Processor
  MAIN: type 19,  800-2427-02 rev C0
        Deviation: 0
        HW config: 0x00    SW key: FF-FF-FF
  PCA:  73-2170-06 rev B0 ver 5
        Design Release 1.5  S/N CAB04XXXXXX
  MBUS: MBUS Agent (1)  73-2146-07 rev B0 dev 0
        HW version 1.2  S/N CAB04XXXXXX
        Test hist: 0xFF    RMA#: FF-FF-FF    RMA hist: 0xFF
  DIAG: Test count: 0xFFFFFFFF    Test results: 0xFFFFFFFF
  FRU:  Linecard/Module: GRP-B=
        Route Memory: MEM-GRP-512=
  MBUS Agent Software version 1.117 (RAM) (ROM version is 3.6)
  ROM Monitor version 2.2
  Primary clock is CSC 1
  Board State is IOS Running  ACTIVE (ACTV  RP )
  Insertion time: 00:00:07 (1w5d ago)
  DRAM size: 536870912 bytes

--
Lamar Owen