[c-nsp] Would millions of TxPause mean my 6500 is too slow?

Deny IP Any Any denyipanyany at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 10:10:43 EDT 2008

I have a 6506 with a Sup2 running in Hybrid (7.6/12.1) mode. It has a
X6548-GE-TX, with many high-bandwidth devices on it. I am not seeing
any interface errors, and nothing but zero's in a 'show asicreg port
pinnacle err', however, I am getting millions (per day) of flowcontrol
TxPause frames on some of my ports.  Does this mean I am overflowing
the (limited) buffers on the 6548 card, or perhaps overworking the sup
itself?

Dal-6506> show port flowcontrol 4/13

Port  Send FlowControl  Receive FlowControl   RxPause    TxPause
      admin    oper     admin     oper
 4/13 desired  on       desired   on          0          13826794
Dal-6506> show port flowcontrol 4/16

Port  Send FlowControl  Receive FlowControl   RxPause    TxPause
      admin    oper     admin     oper
 4/16 desired  on       desired   on          0          11608252

--
deny ip any any (4393649193 matches)