[c-nsp] Netflow Top Talkers?

Brandon Price brandon at sterling.net
Mon Mar 17 13:54:20 EDT 2008

I have a pretty simple requirement:

Customer calls up and complains that their link (T1) is slow,
I take a quick look at MRTG for their link and see that it is at >95%
utilization.

I would like a quick way see what traffic is saturating the link.

It seems that Netflow Top talkers is what I want. I think.

Unfortunatly none of the top-talkers commands are available on our main
router which is a Catalyst 6513 (Sup7203B) running Version 12.2(18)SXF12

Cisco feature navigator says that top-talkers is available on
12.2(33)SXH1.
Unfortunatly all of our T1 customers connect in via PA-MC-T3 cards in
NON ENHANCED FlexWAN modules and I believe that support for the NON
ENHANCED FlexWAN has been dropped in 12.2(33).

Is there any other way to accomplish the same thing?

I tried downloading the Solarwinds Realtime Netflow viewer, and
configuring exports, but
For some reason I wasn't seeing all of the flows. It appeared that I
would only see the flows that
Were new since I started the capture, preexisting flows werent showing
up.

I am a complete novice regarding Netflow so any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

Brandon Price
Sterling Communications Inc.

/31 <--- The Subnet Formally Known as "Unusable"